[vdr] Re: solved: segment faults from osdtelext plugin

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 06:55:00PM +0100, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> "--with-tls", so they both are thread safe. The difference between the
> versions is that the one under tls is compiled for nptl.
> I suppose all modern distributions supply thread safe libraries, so the
> _r version should not actually be needed.

TLS depends on the CPU: if the cpu doesn't support conditional moves (cmov,
an optionial 686 family of opcodes), tls doesn't work.

As the passive-coolable VIA Ezra family CPUs (which are used quite often in
home-brewed STBs, one stands under my tv set ;) ) don't supports cmov, being
able to run VDR without tls is quite important ;)

--
c u
henning

Home | Main Index | Thread Index