[vdr] Multithreading the unknown beast?

luca@ventoso.org(Luca Olivetti)  04.12.04 18:20

>Interesting. I've asked google and it told me that the tls ("thread
>local storage") version of the library doesn't need the _r version of
>the functions, and that could explain why not everybody is seeing the
>problem.
>However, that doesn't explain why *I* was not seeing it, since I'm
>running vdr with LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1:

si:~/video# cat thrtest.c
static __thread int x;

 int main()
 {
  x = 0;
  return 0;
 }

msi:~/video#  g++ -fPIC --shared thrtest.c -o thrtest
thrtest.c:1: syntax error before ìnt'
thrtest.c: In function ìnt main()':
thrtest.c:5: `x' undeclared (first use this function)
thrtest.c:5: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
thrtest.c:5: for each function it appears in.)
msi:~/video#  g++-3.4 -fPIC --shared thrtest.c -o thrtest
msi:~/video#
msi:~/video#
msi:~/video# ./thrtest
Segmentation fault

aha...

I assume on your box it will work depending with or
without LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1?

I think it's high time for a ".configure" for vdr, ;-)

Rainer

Home | Main Index | Thread Index