[vdr] Re: solved: segment faults from osdtelext plugin

luca@ventoso.org(Luca Olivetti)  04.12.04 18:55

>> However, that doesn't explain why *I* was not seeing it, since I'm
>> running vdr with LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1:

>Well, I checked the mandrake spec file for the glibc rpm I'm using
>(2.2.3-10mdk, http://tinyurl.com/5pcjh)

How did you check it? (Or how can i check my libs?)
You url points only to make file.

http://cvs.mandrakesoft.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/SPECS/glibc/glibc.spec?rev=1.123&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

>and both versions are compiled
>"--with-tls", so they both are thread safe. The difference between the
>versions is that the one under tls is compiled for nptl.
>I suppose all modern distributions supply thread safe libraries, so
>the _r version should not actually be needed.

But how do you explain the effect i have?

Without the "_r" hacks an absolutely *reproducible* IMMEDIATELY
segment faults occures when i switch from DVB-S to DVB-T, but only
when i have the osdteletext plugin.
Since using "_r" no problems any more!
VDR runs as good as without the osdteletext plugin.

BTW:
"TLS" has two meanings:
TLS="Transport Layer Security" and
tls="thread local storage"