[vdr] Re: 1.3.17 thread issues

syrius.ml@no-log.org wrote:
I'm using vdr-1.3.17 + xine and streamdev plugins.
Concerning the thread issues and patches:
streamdev stopped working (whatever the patches applied) since 1.3.13.
it's working again with 1.3.17 and the latest streamdev patch.

My vdr box was running on a dual pentium 3@500MHz and
vdr+xine+streamdev (with original and latest thread.[ch]).
I moved my dvb card (and added another one) in a single pentium
1GHz box (because of the dvb drivers issues with smp). I'm using
exactly the same vdr+plugins binaries and now I encounter the same
issues a lot of you mentionned ( a lot of vdr crash when changing
the channel )

CYM: for your information, reverting to previous thread model stops
streamdev from working.

Reverting back works for me. If I do not revert back, I can still get an initial stream, but once I stop and change the channel, vdr crashes with buffer overflows. I am assuming there is something different with your setup and mine.

-Regards.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index