[vdr] Re: 1.3.17 thread issues

Hi,

C.Y.M wrote:

I'm using vdr-1.3.17 + xine and streamdev plugins.
Concerning the thread issues and patches:
streamdev stopped working (whatever the patches applied) since 1.3.13.
it's working again with 1.3.17 and the latest streamdev patch.

My vdr box was running on a dual pentium 3@500MHz and
vdr+xine+streamdev (with original and latest thread.[ch]).
I moved my dvb card (and added another one) in a single pentium
1GHz box (because of the dvb drivers issues with smp). I'm using
exactly the same vdr+plugins binaries and now I encounter the same
issues a lot of you mentionned ( a lot of vdr crash when changing
the channel )

CYM: for your information, reverting to previous thread model stops
streamdev from working.
Reverting back works for me. If I do not revert back, I can still get an initial stream, but once I stop and change the channel, vdr crashes with buffer overflows. I am assuming there is something different with your setup and mine.
It's the same here. After applying the osdteletext fixes to VDR, it is now able to start and show teletext for the channel at startup. Switching to a different channel still causes buffer overflows and makes VDR crash.

But I'm still working to get my poisend VDR+plugins to compile again :-)

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de