[vdr] Re: 1.3.17 thread issues

Hi,

syrius.ml@no-log.org wrote:

i have difficulties to think it's only plugins' fault when moving from
a dual-pIII 500MHz to a single-pIII 1GHz makes vdr+plugin even more
unstable.
Hmm I should have known : do not use kernel preemption ! (even in a
non smp kernel) ;-)
Are there really issues concerning SMP in dvb-kernel?

I've been using dvb-kernel since over a year now on a Pentium 4 HT processor (don't know whether it is compareable to a real SMP system) and the only issue I had so far was with the SkyStar2 driver which had a not SMP save IRQ handler. But the problem was solved soon after I've reported it.

I'm using SuSE 9.1 with a selfcompiled kernel 2.6.9 (current dvb-kernel drivers are (un)loaded in runvdr). In /usr/src/linux/.config I have

CONFIG_SMP=y
CONFIG_NR_CPUS=2
CONFIG_SCHED_SMT=y
CONFIG_PREEMPT=y