[vdr] Re: 1.3.17 thread issues

syrius.ml@no-log.org 05.12.04 01:15

>My vdr box was running on a dual pentium 3@500MHz and
>vdr+xine+streamdev (with original and latest thread.[ch]).

Ah. good. That was one of teh next questtions i would have:
Are drivers and vdr mutliprocessor proof?

>I moved my dvb card (and added another one) in a single pentium
>1GHz box (because of the dvb drivers issues with smp).

>I'm using
>exactly the same vdr+plugins binaries and now I encounter the same
>issues a lot of you mentionned ( a lot of vdr crash when changing
>the channel )

Have you tried the thread save patches?

>i have difficulties to think it's only plugins' fault when moving from
>a dual-pIII 500MHz to a single-pIII 1GHz makes vdr+plugin even more
>unstable.

Yes.
AFAIK threading can have the advantage that the threads
are distributed over the CPU. If the code makes any assumptions
about the way it is run(*) it will give "funny effects".

(*)
While i'm running here nobody can change that value...
Rainer---<=====>                         Vertraulich
             //
           //

Home | Main Index | Thread Index