  |   /        \   |
  A  B          B  A
----------    ----------
|diseqc 1|    |diseqc 2|
----------    ----------
    |             |
 ff card 1      budget card 2

Should I use any specific patch or plugin ?
(sourcecaps, multiple lnb) ?
Would it be possible to tell vdr to give priority to the card2-lnb2
association for example ?
Any advice would be appreciated ;-)

Well, you probably don't want to hear this, but why don't you
just use a real DiSEqC multiswitch? That would make things a lot easier...

If above LNBs are twin LNBs then it should work w/o problems. I haven't tested with vdr, but normal receivers whould "eat" such a setup. (Doing the same with three LNBs on a 4input diseqc switch.) I just hope that those diseqc switches are of good quality.

@Klaus

What is a "real DisEqC multiswitch"? You mean a "real switch" using quadro LNBs (giving out LoH, HiH, LoV, HiV as seperate lines) as input? Of course this solution is better (esp in terms of signal quality) but apart from that it is a bit more costly as well...

Prakash