[vdr] VPS recording filling entire disk (was: Re: Re: events notrunning on ZDF/3sat?)

Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de(Klaus Schmidinger)  05.12.04 10:29

>VDR uses the VPS info to identify the event, and
>the "running status" flag to control the actual recording.

>Within the "running status" checks I believe there is still
>a check for the "seen" time of the event missing, so that, if
>the event that controls a recording hasn't been received for
>a certain while,
>VDR will fall back to a "non VPS" way of recording.

Sounds good, but:

"neues" should be recorded yesterday
Parameter: 18:30 to 18:59, VPS enabled

Now i have a 3:24h long record named "neues"
because the transponder delivered the wrong "active" :-(
(That's no complaint! i know it's beta like)

Next Question:
What happens when VDR fall back, but VDR does a restart/
went into "suspend mode" and wake up 2 hours later?
VPS will see the event 18:30 "active" and continue recording?

Is there a way to define the max. size of a VPS recording?
"neues" is never longer than 29 minutes, while
"Wettendas?!" might be upto one hour longer than advertised
and might begin later too so setting/using the stop time is no solution.

Maybe:
If VPS=Yes, "Stoptime" becomes "Max-Length:" ?
Or is interpreted as such and not as an absolute time?
Ideally a third parameter "overlength" may be easier/clearer
to the user. (Why should i programm "wettendas" to stop at 24:00
when it time is 22:30)
Too tools estimating (minimal) recording times mal be irreatated
and warn unnesscary.

Rainer

Home | Main Index | Thread Index