[vdr] Re: poisoned vdr plugins

C.Y.M wrote:

{
if (!childTid) {
parentTid = pthread_self();
- pthread_create(&childTid, NULL, (void *(*) (void *))&StartThread, (void *)this);
- pthread_detach(childTid); // auto-reap
- pthread_setschedparam(childTid, SCHED_RR, 0);
+ pthread_t Tid;
+ pthread_create(&Tid, NULL, (void *(*) (void *))&StartThread, (void *)this);
+ pthread_detach(Tid); // auto-reap
+ pthread_setschedparam(Tid, SCHED_RR, 0);
}
return true; //XXX return value of pthread_create()???

Thanks Klaus. So we are keeping the latest thread.[ch] but changing this function or are we keeping the original thread.c in vanilla vdr-1.3.17 with this change?

For the moment I suggest to revert the above code.
I'll look into this further later, when I have finished my current work.

OK, but I cant figure out which version of thread.c you are applying that diff to? That function in vanilla thread.c is surrounded by Lock()/Unlock() (so thats not it). And the new thread.c already uses "Tid" instead of "childTid".
apply it in reverse (I suppose, that's what I did).
Bye

Regards,