[vdr] picture distortion during recording and replay

Hi,
a few weeks ago I re-installed my system on a new machine with a new motherboard (Biostar M7VIZ). I installed Debian Sarge and Kernel 2.6.9. I'm running this machine without a harddrive and RootFS via NFS. My DVB card is a Technotrend DVB-Sat rev 1.5 with a CI and an Alphacrypt CAM.

Eversince I upgraded my machine I'm having picture distortions during a recording, and I don't know why. One thing in fact is a bit weird. The interrupts the device is generating are quite high.

With the old motherboard the system was working well but the mobo died a month ago, so I cannot test the difference between the old and the new system anymore.

When watching FTA channels the DVB device generates around 25-35 interrupts per second and around 450-500 when watching an encrypted channel (already high but no problem as it seems).
The highest interrupt counts however are during a recording. Then the DVB device is genrating between 3500 and 4000 interrupts a second! When doing a timeshift it is going down to 1800-2100. Isn't that a bit high?

The recorded files however are all fine and have no distortions at all but viewing them with vdr is no fun since the distortions are there during replay again. During replay there are around 200-400 interrupts per second generated by the DVB card.

I have no idea what it could be and if the high interrupt count is really the cause. I also tried increasing the latency for a pci device with setpci but it did not affect the system at all.
I tried almost every version from 1.2.6 up to 1.3.17 and it's always the same.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
André.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index