[vdr] Re: channels.conf garbage.

Lauri Tischler wrote:
Carsten Koch wrote:

I like the fact that VDR automatically keeps my channels.conf up-to-date,
but I dislike the fact that it keeps getting larger and larger,
slowly evolving into a pile of garbage.

There are three kinds of channels.conf entries that I consider garbage.
I believe they are very much like spam:

1)  channels that are no longer in service.

Some channels come and go, so even if you remove them they just pop back
Fine with me.
After they are gone for a certain number of days,
I want them to disappear from my channels.conf.
In the unlikely event they come back after that,
I want them to get back in.

Isn't that what you want, too?

2)  channels that use an encryption that I have no CAM for.

This removes all channels where ca <> 0
perl -anF: -e 'print if /^:/ or $F[7] != 0' channels.conf > channels.new
Actually, that would be

perl -anF: -e 'print if /^:/ or $F[8] == 0' channels.conf > channels.new

but that's besides the point.
I did not say I want a 100% FTA channels.conf at one point in time.
Neither do I want 100% FTA nor do I want it only once.
I want FTA+all the ones that I can decrypt and I want it all the time.

Isn't that what you want, too?

3)  channels that do not have an audio PIDs with a language that
    I can understand.

Not all providers actually sen language info, only apidnumber
Fine with me.
If they do not language info, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt
and leave the channel in.

Isn't that what you want, too?

Cheers,

Carsten.