[vdr] Re: Use of configurableLNBshare-VDR_1.3.17.patch - suggestions?

seanc@libero.it(Sean Carlos)  06.12.04 20:19

>Hello list,

Hello U.

>I have a ff Nexus-S card and have added a Nova-S (CI) as a second
>card.

>Ideally I would like to use the configurableLNBshare-VDR_1.3.17.patch
>so that I could use 3LNBs with the two cards.

???

>If I attach 1 LNB to the first card, and a
>second LNB to the second card,
>the second card works, after modifying a channel to use DVB 2 in
>the CA field.
>Right now, all my channels are FTA; I am using VDR 1.3.17.

>However, I have not yet had any success with the
>configurableLNBshare-VDR_1.3.17.patch.

AFAIK: That patch is intended it you have more cards than LNBs
(cards "shares" a common LNB)
But you have more LNBs than cards...

I assume that the 3 LNBs cariies 3 satellites?

See sources.conf.

>My 3 LNBs arrive at an inexpensive quad DiSeqc 1.0 switch.
>From there, I attached a single coaxial cable to the ff Nexus-s card.

And how is the nova connected?

>After applying the patch, in VDR's MENU -> SETUP -> LNB I have the
>following settings:

>Karte 1 nutzt LNB Nr. 1
>Karte 1 nutzt LNB Nr. 1
>Use DiSEqC: Yes

>Unfortunately, if I try to tune to a different channel while
>recording, the availability of the second card is not recognized.

>a) If I try to switch to another channel on the same LNB but having a
>different transponder (both horizontal polarization), I get the
>message: Dec 6 19:28:37 localhost vdr[5149]:
>ERROR: device 2 has no lock, can't attach receiver!

That error means translated to plain germish:
"I can't receive anything here, plug in the antenna!".

>b) in the case of a horizontal channel on another LNB, I get

>Dec 6 19:17:59 localhost vdr[5149]: info: Channel not available!

That's from the LNB_sharing_patch if the polarization or
lohi feq do conflict. (It might be a good idea to log the acutal cause
as detailed as possible)

>Is what I want to do possible?  Are there other settings that I should
>be changing?

>Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I think you have to use the "CA" assignment.

Rainer

Home | Main Index | Thread Index