[vdr] Re: How to play HDTV files ?

Gregoire Favre wrote:
Just starting xine-plugin for HDTV, the quality of xawtv for normal
watching is much better. And last but not least, xawtv/xorg takes less
than 0.1 % of my CPU :-)

Hello Gregoire,
I am interested in good quality too, and so I tried xawtv and compared
it to xine. But I see no difference. What is the improvement in picture
quality, that you see? On that PC I use a FF card Rev.1.3, Suse 9.2 with
standard kernel, and the Suse xine and xawtv4 (as xawtv 3.94 didn't work
with the FF card).
What version are you using, and would you be so kind and give me a short
instruction how to set it up (with 3.94, if you use that)? I read through bytesex.org, but got more and more confused: do I have to patch the kernel? With what for FF card?
Thank you in advance,
Jörg

Home | Main Index | Thread Index