[vdr] Re: Suggestion: Plugin/Menu Help Key

On 5. Dec 2004, at 23:37 Uhr, Uwe Ortner wrote:

Hello,

very often I dont have all the special key functions for the
plugins/menus in mind. It would be very useful to define a special vdr
key which would view a the according help file.
Hi,
yes this would make the whole thing alot more user-friendly.

For example:
pressing "?" while using the "osdteletext" plugin would view the
(text-)file osdteletext.hlp from the config directory
One of the problems is that all keys are already assigned to other actions.

This would be also very helpful for menus (right now I use a little
paper for also this stuff i.e. which key sets a mark in a recording, how
do I skip/delete marks, start cutting etc.)
There is
"//XXX ??? virtual void SetHelp(const char *Help) = 0;"
in "skins.h" which seems to be designed for this purpose.

regards
patrick (nick: ravemax)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index