[vdr] Re: Suggestion: Plugin/Menu Help Key

Am Mo, den 06.12.2004 schrieb Darren Salt um 21:36:
> I demand that Pasi Juppo may or may not have written...
>
> > On Sun, 5 Dec 2004, Uwe Ortner wrote:
> >> very often I dont have all the special key functions for the plugins/menus
> >> in mind. It would be very useful to define a special vdr key which would
> >> view a the according help file.
>
> >> For example: pressing "?" while using the "osdteletext" plugin would view
> >> the (text-)file osdteletext.hlp from the config directory
>
> s/view/display/
>
> >> This would be also very helpful for menus (right now I use a little paper
> >> for also this stuff i.e. which key sets a mark in a recording, how do I
> >> skip/delete marks, start cutting etc.)
>
> Strangely, I can remember all of those.,,

please send me your phone number, sometimes it is much more convenient
to pick up the phone than powering on the computer in the working room

PS:
sorry, couldnt resist ;)

> > I'd like to see this too someday.
>
> <AOL>, despite the manual being in /usr/share/doc/vdr/...
>
> > There are so many functionalities in VDR and plugins that many of them get
> > unused because help is not available via VDR. Also, this would reduce
> > questions from mailing-list (how this and that can be done with vdr etc.).
>
> I think that brief help text for menu items, occupying a line or two near the
> bottom, may be adequate.

It is a must say, there a more urgent questions on this list, but just
my 2 cents and, as you might have seen in the subject, a "suggestion"

uwe

Home | Main Index | Thread Index