[vdr] Re: Suggestion: Plugin/Menu Help Key

I demand that Pasi Juppo may or may not have written...

> On Sun, 5 Dec 2004, Uwe Ortner wrote:
>> very often I dont have all the special key functions for the plugins/menus
>> in mind. It would be very useful to define a special vdr key which would
>> view a the according help file.

>> For example: pressing "?" while using the "osdteletext" plugin would view
>> the (text-)file osdteletext.hlp from the config directory

s/view/display/

>> This would be also very helpful for menus (right now I use a little paper
>> for also this stuff i.e. which key sets a mark in a recording, how do I
>> skip/delete marks, start cutting etc.)

Strangely, I can remember all of those.,,

> I'd like to see this too someday.

<AOL>, despite the manual being in /usr/share/doc/vdr/...

> There are so many functionalities in VDR and plugins that many of them get
> unused because help is not available via VDR. Also, this would reduce
> questions from mailing-list (how this and that can be done with vdr etc.).

I think that brief help text for menu items, occupying a line or two near the
bottom, may be adequate.

| Debian,     | s zap,tartarus,org            | Northumberland
| RISC OS     | @                             | Toon Army
|   <URL:http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/> (PGP 2.6, GPG keys)

CPU#0: Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire ?).

Home | Main Index | Thread Index