[vdr] Re: Multiple output devices

Am Di, den 07.12.2004 schrieb Johannes Schoeller um 20:14:
> Sebastian Rohde wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I researched some time on this subject but did not find an answer...
> > I wonder whether it is possible to use multiple independent output
> > devices with one vdr? Would it be possible to use two FF cards to
> > independently bring a picture to two telvisions. That means, that both
> > can make full use of OSD, Plugins, Live-TV, Timers without affecting
> > each other?
>
> you could start two instances of vdr ....

Well that also has a lot of disadvantages mostly concerning timer
programming. If i see it correctly the vdr can handle multiple output
devices. For example a FF and a streamdev-server or an mediamvp plugin.
Would'nt it be nice if one could also control them independently? Or -
why doesn't that work?

Sebastian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index