[vdr] Re: Multiple output devices

Sebastian Rohde schrieb:

Am Di, den 07.12.2004 schrieb Johannes Schoeller um 20:14:

Sebastian Rohde wrote:

Hi,
I researched some time on this subject but did not find an answer...
I wonder whether it is possible to use multiple independent output
devices with one vdr? Would it be possible to use two FF cards to
independently bring a picture to two telvisions. That means, that both
can make full use of OSD, Plugins, Live-TV, Timers without affecting
each other?

you could start two instances of vdr ....

Well that also has a lot of disadvantages mostly concerning timer
programming. If i see it correctly the vdr can handle multiple output
devices. For example a FF and a streamdev-server or an mediamvp plugin.
Would'nt it be nice if one could also control them independently? Or -
why doesn't that work?
Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

I wrote a mail to Klaus with exact the same feature request, but for now Klaus is busy going strait to 1.4.
He said, that the internal structure of VDR would be much more complex with that feature, but maybe
(hopefully) he will think about it for the next Mainrelease.

Tilo

Home | Main Index | Thread Index