[vdr] Re: Complete all-in-one safe threading patch for vanilla vdr-1.3.17 (with poison)

I demand that C.Y.M may or may not have written...

> This cumulative version (Rev3) of the all-in-one patch includes Rainer's
> tools.[ch] safe threading fixes.

I see two ways to go to ensure that the old versions aren't used:

* Poison use of the old versions, but compile them anyway so that plugins
  aren't immediately broken.

  This requires
    #pragma GCC poison strescape AddDirectory WeekDayName DayDateTime
  at the end of tools.h (but before the #endif) and that, in tools.c, the
  '#include "tools.h"' is moved to the end of the file.

* Mark the old versions as deprecated.

  This requires adding
    __attribute__((deprecated))
  after each affected function declaration in tools.h,
  e.g.
    void foo () __attribute__ ((deprecated));
  It has the advantage that, this being C++, the _r suffixes aren't needed.

--
| Darren Salt | nr. Ashington, | d youmustbejoking,demon,co,uk
| Debian,     | Northumberland | s zap,tartarus,org
| RISC OS     | Toon Army      | @
|   Retrocomputing: a PC card in a Risc PC

Can anything be sadder than work left unfinished? Yes; work never begun.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index