[vdr] Re: Feature request: suspend output

Tony Houghton a écrit :
After having various discussions I think th eidela output when using a
Budget card may be a Matrox with DirectFB rather than a DXR3. The one
disadvantage is that all the time VDR's running it will be at high CPU
load decoding the MPEG. I use my HTPC for other stuff in the background
and I just don't like the idea of that CPU power being wasted when
nobody's watching it but VDR needs to be left on in case there's a timer
set, and because there's no easy way to activate it when the machine's
effectively headless.

So could there be an option to turn the output on and off with the
remote's power button, but leaving VDR running in the background in case
there's a timer event - and of course to turn the output back on when
the power button is pressed again? Maybe it could also turn the receiver
off because I heard their power consumption isn't exactly low and they
get quite warm.
In the last message in the "[OT] Via EPIA M10k ethernet malfunction : fixed" thread, I report power consumption of the whole box in different conditions.
Unloading the DVB driver (Skystar 2) gives back 4VA. This currently requires stopping VDR : another 2VA at least (the "power-up/nothing to do" power of the box is 45VA, all measures taken at the mains input, efficiency of the power block = 73% estimated).

OTOH it occurred to me that I could probably do the next best thing by
switching to a radio station when I'm not watching it.

--
NH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index