[vdr] Re: Multiple output devices

Vladimir Shved schrieb:

-----Original Message-----
From: vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org [mailto:vdr-bounce@linuxtv.org] On Behalf Of
Anssi Hannula

> >I think if it would be possible to get two or more instances of VDR to

run

correctly and share epg.data file that's all is needed. I would not

bother

adding any thing else to VDR. Last time I tried this, the setup did not

run

very well. In particular, in replay mode, on second instance, status

screen

was missing and fast forwarding did not work, only pause and play worked.
Possibly an issue with dvb-kernel drivers.

I have two instances working well, one using DXR3 and another using FF.
Video transfer and EPG updating is by streamdev.

--
Anssi Hannula

All on one machine? That's very impressive. I tried this with two FF cards.
I think you're succeeded because you're using two different output methods
which is using two different drivers.

	--Vlad

Hi,

I am also running two instances on one machine. First instance: 1 FF and 1 LB; second insatance: 1 FF.
I am using two separate directories, where all config-data, epg-data and plugin-data reside. No Problem at all.

Tilo

Home | Main Index | Thread Index