[vdr] Re: Sound muted after playing file with mplayer plugin

Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 09:31:07AM -0800, C.Y.M wrote:

Dr. Werner Fink wrote:

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 03:12:48AM -0800, C.Y.M wrote:

Dr. Werner Fink wrote:

On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 05:09:30PM -0800, C.Y.M wrote:

I am using vdr-1.3.17 with mp3-0.9.7. After I play a file through the mplayer plugin (Native VDR files, AVI or MPEG), the sound is muted when it resumes back to live tv. I must switch channels in order to get the audio back. Has anyone experienced this behavior?

Q: Do those `Native VDR files' include some AC3 streams which are
replayed by the mplayer plugin?  If so this is the standard behaviour
of the firmware 0x261c.

They do not contain AC3.  Is this also the standard behavior of 0x261d?

No, cleary not ;^)

I just noticed that if VDR is recording a show, and you then play something with mplayer and stop it, the sound is not muted when returning back to live tv. If that helps.

This is intended, after replaying a PCM/AC3/DTS stream the audio
of the LiveTV should be not muted ... simply as it would be after
replaying normal VDR recordings with MP2 audio.

Yes, it behaves correctly if I am currently recording a show. The problem is when I am not recording something, and then play a show with mplayer through vdr, the sound is muted when resuming back to live tv.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index