[vdr] Re: wapd

In <41BB46A6.5080201@heiligenmann.de>, Thomas Heiligenmann wrote:

> Tony Houghton schrieb:
> >Has anyone had any success with the wapd plugin? It compiles OK and I
> >can access it from my other PC with wApua, but with my phone (Motorola
> >V180) it just seems to repeatedly ask for the username and password
> >without displaying any content. With wApua it asks for the password on
> >every single page, which is a nuisance, but at least it displays the
> >content after you key it in.
> >

> Maybe the authorization info gets supressed somewhere on your phone
> providers network? You can log the authorization header received by the
> wapd plugin if you uncomment the line
> //   dsyslog("authorization = '%s'", authorization);
> in the file 'server.c'. It should look like "username%password".

OK, I've done that, and I get authorization = '', whereas I do get the
proper name and password when I use Firefox.

> You can also try if it works by accessing a simple test page under
> http://wap.heiligenmann.de (Username: "test" Password: "test")

I got a "200 No content" error, so it looks like that isn't working
either, because I got a simple page up in Firefox.

Is it common for mobile phones or networks to be broken this way? If so
could the plugin be rewritten to use a form for password entry instead?

> Mozilla's wmlbrowser plugin works fine for testing :-)

Cool, that's a lot better than wApua.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk

Home | Main Index | Thread Index