[vdr] Re: wapd

Tony Houghton schrieb:
In <41BB46A6.5080201@heiligenmann.de>, Thomas Heiligenmann wrote:

Tony Houghton schrieb:

Has anyone had any success with the wapd plugin? It compiles OK and I
can access it from my other PC with wApua, but with my phone (Motorola
V180) it just seems to repeatedly ask for the username and password
without displaying any content. With wApua it asks for the password on
every single page, which is a nuisance, but at least it displays the
content after you key it in.

Maybe the authorization info gets supressed somewhere on your phone providers network? You can log the authorization header received by the wapd plugin if you uncomment the line
// dsyslog("authorization = '%s'", authorization);
in the file 'server.c'. It should look like "username%password".

OK, I've done that, and I get authorization = '', whereas I do get the
proper name and password when I use Firefox.

You can also try if it works by accessing a simple test page under http://wap.heiligenmann.de (Username: "test" Password: "test")

I got a "200 No content" error, so it looks like that isn't working
either, because I got a simple page up in Firefox.

Is it common for mobile phones or networks to be broken this way? If so
could the plugin be rewritten to use a form for password entry instead?

I've tested it with Nokia and Siemens phones in the T-Mobile and O2 networks so far and never had any problems.

If you want to check whether it's your phone or the network, you could set up your own WAP gateway (http://www.kannel.org) and dial in with your phone directly by ppp over analog or isdn line. This works fine here, however, I haven't documented it yet ;)

An alternative authentication scheme seems to be a good idea - I'll try to implement this in the next version.

--
Thomas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index