[vdr] Re: vdrconvert -- to DVD -- only getting 300Mb files??

On December 12, 2004 06:48 am, HGM.bg (GMX) wrote:
> > I've tried vdrconvert with Project X.  First time round it made a
> > perfect MPG.
> > After I don't know what the heck happened but it seems to take 4
> > times longer to process and the file is only about 300Mb in size from
> > about 2.5Gb in size (2 hour movie).  The video is chopped all up
> > obviously.
>
> ? Did you check the /tmp/vdr2dvd.log during the transformation or the
> *.log.bz2 in the source-dir to find out, what's going wrong ?
>
> You have enough space on the used partitions ?
>
> > I also can't seem to get project X to come up standalone in GUI mode
> > -- gives me the error - Exception in thread "main"
> > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: pX/jar
>
> Did you start Xvfb for ProjectX because it needs X at least for the
> commandline...
>
> > But this same file did work once or maybe twice for me making an MPG
> > file then forget it.  I did try vdrsync-dev with vdrconvert and it
> > gives me the right size file but of course same problem as before, no
> > video/audio sync.
>
> So it's working anyway you just have to find your error....

The log file isn't giving any errors at all -- I tail -f the file while it's
processing and it looks fine.  Does Project X produce it's own log file that
i can follow?

Plenty of space -- 10+ gig of space.

I have Xvfb running and like I said, first time round it worked fine but after
that forget it.  I've even re-installed to no avail.

It's definitely the Demuxer that's messing up -- if I can figure that part out
I think I'll be ok --

Norm

Home | Main Index | Thread Index