[vdr] Re: vdrconvert -- to DVD -- only getting 300Mb files??

On Sunday 12 December 2004 12:43, Norm Dressler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've tried vdrsync, doesn't sync audio, video.
>
> I've tried vdrconvert with Project X.  First time round it made a perfect
> MPG. After I don't know what the heck happened but it seems to take 4 times
> longer to process and the file is only about 300Mb in size from about 2.5Gb
> in size (2 hour movie).  The video is chopped all up obviously.
>
> ALAS --- I just was a tool that will convert my vdr recordings to a DVD
> format --- even if its just a directory structure -- I can use K3B to
> record it -- It doesn't have to be completely automated.  Anyone know of
> such a tool?

I did not find one, and I was not satisfied with vdrconvert. So I wrote one
on my own. You can have it. It has IMO quite nice DVD menus.

But I still have to fix a problem with the conversion's job control, before
I dare to give the script away (the whole thing can get stuck at the moment).
I will contact back later today (hopefully) when I have fixed that problem and
uploaded
the scripts.

To get an impression, here are the two menu styles I have currently. The
whole menu, including the screenshots, are generated automatically without
any user interaction.

http://members.aon.at/taf/vdr/vdrauthor-1.jpg
http://members.aon.at/taf/vdr/vdrauthor-2.jpg

Kind regards,