[vdr] Re: vdr-1.3.x & NPTL

sebastian@schnapsleichen.de(Sebastian Frei)  12.12.04 11:11

Once upon a time "Sebastian Frei " shaped the electrons to say...

>Am Samstag 11 Dezember 2004 00:37 schrieb Rainer Zocholl:
>> vdr@zastrow4u.de(Alfred Zastrow)  10.12.04 22:42

>>>NTPL is working without any problems here
>>
>> In what configuration and what CPU?
>> which vdr? which plugins?

>Hi,

>VDR 1.3.15,
         ~~ that's the problem why you have no problem ;-)

>AC3overDVB Patch, femon 0.1.6, mp3 0.9.7, streamdev
>0.3.3-pre3-geni, TT1.6, Nova-S
>CPU: PIII800,
          ~~~ too there might be a dependency: as faster the CPU
          as more likely reentrance problems may occure.

>and also

>VDR 1.3.15, dxr3 0.2.3-pre2, streamdev..., CPU: Duron 1,1

>running without any NPTL patches and without any problems.

OK, thanks 4 info.

The problems became obvious with 1.3.17.

>The distri iis a relative new LFS with GLIBC CVS 04-10-19:

>GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.3, by Roland McGrath et al.
>Copyright (C) 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
>There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
>PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
>Compiled by GNU CC version 3.4.2.
>Compiled on a Linux 2.6.8 system on 2004-10-22.
>Available extensions:
>        GNU libio by Per Bothner
>        crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
>        GNU Libidn by Simon Josefsson
>        Native POSIX Threads Library by Ulrich Drepper et al
>        BIND-8.2.3-T5B
>        NIS(YP)/NIS+ NSS modules 0.19 by Thorsten Kukuk
>Thread-local storage support included.

How did you get that info about the libs?

I think it would be useful if VDR could log that into syslog.
at least in developer versions.
Maybe something like "cat /proc/cpuinfo" too.

Rainer---<=====>                         Vertraulich
             //
           //

Home | Main Index | Thread Index