[vdr] Re: screen blanks on record start/stop

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 06:45:39PM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Rainer Zocholl wrote:
> >Hello
> >

> >why does the screen blank when a timer starts or stops?
> >
> >It's not a horrible problem, but i'm intereesed why this
> >seems to be always required.
> >

> >VDR1.3.17, new AV711x firmware.
> >3*DVB-S 2.1/1.5 FF, 1*DVB-T
> >LNB_sharing
> >

> >Rainer
>
> Normally this should only happen when a recording is started
> on the primary device, because then the live signal is put
> into "Transfer Mode", which results in a short blackout.
>
> I don't know, though, whether the LNB_sharing patch has
> something to do with what you observe...

IMHO it has nothing todo with the LNB_sharing patch.
It happens IMHO on all 2MB SDRAM FF cards if a replay or
transfer is already running an other recording is started.
If you start the recording _before_ replay something
or switching into transfer mode no screen blank happens.

If you're using a 4MB SDRAM FF card you do not see any
screen blank regardless of the order of starting the
replay/transfer and the recording.

I'm investigating currently how to avoid this problem.

          Werner

--
AC3 loop through sound card http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/
Howto http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=1958