[vdr] Re: vdr and burning dvd incompatibles ?

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Guy Roussin wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I use growisofs as root in a terminal to burn a DVD (from iso).
>
>During the process, i hit Setup/Restart in vdr (1.3.17) and
>i get this on my growisofs :
>
>1998094336/4383213568 (45.6%) @2.4x, remaining 12:16
>2004451328/4383213568 (45.7%) @1.3x, remaining 12:15
>2007662592/4383213568 (45.8%) @0.7x, remaining 12:17
>:-[ WRITE@LBA=ef550h failed with SK=4h/ASC=44h/ACQ=4Bh]: Input/output error
>builtin_dd: 980304*2KB out @ average 2.3x1385KBps
>:-( write failed: Input/output error
>/dev/cdroms/cdrom1: flushing cache
>/dev/cdroms/cdrom1: closing track
>/dev/cdroms/cdrom1: closing disc
>/dev/cdroms/cdrom1: reloading tray
>
>:-(
>
>Why restarting vdr break my DVD burning ?

Maybe a restarting VDR puts a heavy load on the I/O subsystem thus
starving the burning process, ie. causing a buffer underrun? Not that the
error really looks like something like that...

--

              Many an ancient lord's last words had been:
         "You can't kill me because I've got magic aaargh...."

Home | Main Index | Thread Index