[vdr] Re: vdr and burning dvd incompatibles ?

Hi Guy,

I have also problems with growisofs. In my case it's because of very high
system load. It looks like this high load happens in kernel space:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/11/30/115

I currently have no answer for this. But I'll give 2.6.10 a try an soon as
it becomes available.

Thanks and regards,
 Thomas

> Hi,
>
> I use growisofs as root in a terminal to burn a DVD (from iso).
>
> During the process, i hit Setup/Restart in vdr (1.3.17) and
> i get this on my growisofs :
>
> 1998094336/4383213568 (45.6%) @2.4x, remaining 12:16
> 2004451328/4383213568 (45.7%) @1.3x, remaining 12:15
> 2007662592/4383213568 (45.8%) @0.7x, remaining 12:17
> :-[ WRITE@LBA=ef550h failed with SK=4h/ASC=44h/ACQ=4Bh]: Input/output
> error
> builtin_dd: 980304*2KB out @ average 2.3x1385KBps
> :-( write failed: Input/output error
> /dev/cdroms/cdrom1: flushing cache
> /dev/cdroms/cdrom1: closing track
> /dev/cdroms/cdrom1: closing disc
> /dev/cdroms/cdrom1: reloading tray
>
> :-(
>
> Why restarting vdr break my DVD burning ?
>
> I use vdr 1.3.17 with some plugins, debian SID, kernel 2.4.27.
>
> Guy

Home | Main Index | Thread Index