[vdr] Re: screen blanks on record start/stop

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 08:48:46PM +0200, Jouni Karvo wrote:

> (I cut some pieces off from the quote.)
>
> Dr. Werner Fink writes:
>  > On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 06:45:39PM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>  > > Rainer Zocholl wrote:
>  > > >
>  > > >why does the screen blank when a timer starts or stops?
>  > > >
>  > >
>  > > Normally this should only happen when a recording is started
>  > > on the primary device, because then the live signal is put
>  > > into "Transfer Mode", which results in a short blackout.
>  > >
>  >
>  > IMHO it has nothing todo with the LNB_sharing patch.
>  > It happens IMHO on all 2MB SDRAM FF cards if a replay or
>  > transfer is already running an other recording is started.
>  > If you start the recording _before_ replay something
>  > or switching into transfer mode no screen blank happens.
>
> When using budget + xine, there are large buffers, so the blank can
> last even 1,5s.
>
> Could it be possible to arrange it so that this preparation which
> results in screen blanking is done whenever replay/transfer mode is
> started so that it is not needed when the recording starts?

Hmmm ... I'm talking about a FF DVB card ... the VDR timer starts
a recording on the _same_ card which is used for transfer mode
of the VDR or for replaying a recording.

         Werner

--
AC3 loop through sound card http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/
Howto http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=1958