[vdr] Re: Feature Req: Disable Recording

Tilo Renkl wrote:
Sergei Haller schrieb:

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004, Tilo Renkl (TR) wrote:

TR> Hi,
TR> TR> I am running two instances of VDR on may System, just to have two frontends on
TR> two TV-sets.
TR> One of the main Problems here is, that I have to use two different
TR> timers.conf, one fpr each instance.
TR> I would prefer to have only one timers.conf for both VDR's. This would be
TR> possible if one VDR
TR> handles timers as usual, but the other one can edit tomers.conf, but does NOT
TR> record at all.

use the same timers.conf, but different setup.conf. Set "primary record limit" (or similar) to the maximum in one of the instances. then no timer with a lower priority will be recorded on that instance.

That was a really good hint. Thanx a lot. I never thought about that parameter.

Tilo

Hi,
although that was a very good hint, I would also like to see some enhancements in this area sometime........But its not killing me yet.
I would really like to run >1 instances of VDR with them all sharing a single timers.conf.
Why, well then both my FF cards could be used to satisfy all recording requests (I currently use two sat dishes), but I could also really use the two cards to view 2 programs at the same time. I have a 2 channel modulator hooked up to the two composite outputs, as well as s-video connected to the J2 of the primary card.
Currently we can only view on the one card, and sometime I will get round to setting up VDR to run two instances. But when I do that, then I will run into the same problems mentioned, which I could solve with Sergei's tip, but will then lose the ability to record on both sats at the same time.
What I would really like, would be for a VDR instance to mark (somehow) in timers.conf that it is recording that timer, and therefore any other instance of VDR that happens to be active, and using that timers.conf, would just ignore it.
I also know there would be a lot to consider here, e.g. make sure a single VDR looks at the timer before the other one does (locking), what if the one doing the recording breaks? then you would like the other one to take over if possible, etc.etc.etc.
So I am not holding my breath.

But I am still happy with what I have got.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index