[vdr] Re: vdr-1.3.17: thread issues with vdr-xine andvdr-osdteletext

[...]
>> That's odd. Does streamdev mess around with "Transfer Mode"?
> I probably am not the right person to answer that question, but I know
> that if you manually tune vdr to a channel and then try to stream, it
> works fine.  But, if I am on a different channel and use the suspend
> option to tell vdr to switch to the channel that I want it to stream,
> then there seems to be some kind of race condition that is causing two
> threads to be created.  I wish I could offer you more details.

I now have a different behavior.
My setup is still: 1st dvb-s card=FF on S13E&S19.2E, 2nd=budget on
S28.2E

Before the new thread.[ch] I had to set the streamdev-server to
suspend=no and switch to the same channel than the streamdev-client.
A task that is not so easy to do since either the server or the client
have a lock on a current channel.
It was quite weird. moving from BBC1 to ITV3 on the client: I had to
swith to ARTE(2nd card) on the server, then to ARTE on the client, then
to ITV3 on the server and finally to ITV3 on the client (BBC1 and ITV3
aren't one the same transponder)
moving from itv3 to ARTE(2nd card) was easier: switch to itv3 on the
server then on the client.
But again moving from arte to Canal+(still 2nd card but different
transponder): i had to switch the server to an available channel from
the 1st card, then switch the client to the same channel, then switch the
server to C+ and the client after that.

Now with the new thread.[ch] it's a bit different:
(now suspend mode=always)
if the server is tuned to a channel on the 1st card, the client can
receive wathever channel on the 1st card it wants. (the FF output is
suspended if the channels are on the same transponder)
But the client can't receive a channel from the 2nd card.
If i switch the server to a channel from the 2nd card, the client can
receive channels available from the 2nd card (but not from the 1st
card).

At least the new thread.[ch] allow me to use suspend mode=always. and
that's a very good thing :)

I'm wondering if I'm not missing something with the way vdr handles
ff+budget cards together. I don't want to use the ff card output.
In that case I don't need vdr to transfer the 2nd card dvb stream to
the 1st so that it can be processed by its mpeg2 decoder.
I just like to use both cards independently with vdr+streamdev-server
so that the only output devices would be vdr+streamdev-client+xine.

is it possible that i wouldn't have this behavior with 2 budget cards ?

Again thanks for your work guys :)

--
as a chrismas present i'd love to have a streamdev-like plugin
developped/corrected by Klaus. ;-)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index