[vdr] Re: Image plugin 0.2.2a vs 1.3.17 - blank screen, i.e. nopictures?

Hello John,

While Image Plugin 0.1.0 used to work fine, i took the opportunity of an upgrade to look at version .0.2.2a
( with VDR 1.3.17 + thread safe patches + other plugins, etc..)

A normal plugin install led to instant VDR reboot while trying to run the Image plugin ( exact same behavior
with 0.2.0).

After some investigation on vdr-portal.de, i found one thread, here:

http://vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=25844&sid=d5f5b1745c9c63a4198a02fb88978b48&hilight=image+plugin

I was able to finally get the Image plugin to work by using a recent FFMPEG CVS checkout ( in /usr/src/ffmpeg)
and using the plugin compile option FFMPEG_STATIC=1 with the library dependency fixed (-lz, check the above link).

Thanks,

Philippe

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 10:30:40 +0000
John Grant <john.grant@savcredit.co.uk> wrote:

  | I've installed the image plugin and although I get no errors, every
  | picture appears black (with the ST:TNG fast forward arrow in the bottom
  | left corner).
  |
  | In the logs I can see the plugin step through each picture in the
  | directory, when set the debug flags in the plugin seem to be indicating
  | success, and there are .pnm files in
  | /tmp/image. But nothing on the screen - suggestions ?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index