[vdr] Re: dvd burn plugin for NTSC (scrolling menu)

I have been struggling with the same problem for a while.  I tried
both vdrsync -m (tcmplex) and vdrconvert (ProjectX) and both had bad
sync issues.  When I used tmpeg on windows with the demuxed files from
vdrsync, the output mpeg was flawless.  So, the problem lies somewhere
in the muxing process in linux.

Would you be kind enough to send me a copy of vdr2dvd.sh and other
scripts you modified to get this to work?  Hey, are you cym from dvbn?

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 22:03:46 -0500, Norm Dressler <norm@dressler.ca> wrote:
> I solved my problem with this by changing it to 704x480.  I also had alot of
> problems with a/v sync.  I switched to vdrconvert on advice from the group --
> tried project X with no luck.  Looked into my problem further and found the
> real issue was tcmplex.  I've modified vdr2dvd.sh that comes with vdrconvert
> to use mplex instead, also made the changes to use ntsc, and 704x480 and
> success using vdrsync.pl (not project X as first suggested).
>
> Norm
>
> On December 20, 2004 07:55 pm, C.Y.M wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I recently tried the DVD burn plugin for vdr (burn-0.0.5) and have
> > noticed a few things since I am using a NTSC based system.  In render.c,
> > it appears that all the resolutions are set to 720x576.  So, in my brief
> > attempt to resolve the issue, I made the following patch which is
> > attached.  Unfortunatly, this did not solve my problem.  When I build a
> > DVD, the menu is still scrolling as if it was the wrong resolution.  So
> > then I looked at the background image for the plugin and realized that
> > was set to 720x576 as well.  But, even after I changed the resolution of
> > the background image for the menu to 720x480, I still got the scrolling
> > menu screen.  Can anyone help me fix this for NTSC?
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > C.Y.M.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index