[vdr] Re: [patch] configurable lock timeout

Henning Glawe wrote:
Moin,
I have some problems with "newer" vdr versions (newer means: after the lock
timeout has been introduced), because my dvb tuner card often only gets a
lock after 20 seconds.
As also some other people had problems with this, I made a little patch to
make the lock timeout configurable (by setting it to zero, it is disabled
completely, so the receiver thread is attached independent of a detected
lock, which was the behaviour before this timeout was introduced).
Argh, should have checked the list first, just did the same thing for 1.3.14. But as you address this issue - does anyone know why it takes such a long time to lock on a channel? I see this problem with a Terratek Cinergy 1200 DVB-T card (budget, tda10046/saa7146). Is it a problem with the tuner itself, is it antenna-related or is it a problem with linux' DVB-drivers?

Thanks,
Michael

Home | Main Index | Thread Index