[vdr] Re: Patch to avoid deletion of recordings, which have beenviewed

udo_richter@gmx.de(Udo Richter)  23.12.04 21:07

>Stephan Loescher wrote:
>> Here is a little patch for vdr-1.2.x and vdr-1.3.x, which removes
>> the "bug", that vdr deletes recordings, which have been viewed
>> i.e. recordings, which are not new.

>Actually, I would prefer that VDR never deletes unseen recordings,
>thats exactly the opposite of yours. ;)

I would prefer that unseen records gets the normal prio.
If i start viewing the priority boost must be higher (and the hold time +1)
If i have seen it completly (touching the end) and NOT rewound
the priority should be set lower (and the hold time -1).
If i have rewound to the first 2 minutes, the prio and hold time is normal.
(Maybe prio slightly reduced)

>Its difficult to find a common delete rule for all users.

ACK.

>I personally dont like that VDR only deletes un-cut recordings,
>because I cut almost all recordings.
>This could only be solved by introducing very complex customizable rules.

Or simply a renaming option?

Or a "fast cut"-feature that the recording is not really copied
but only pointers are used to skip while viewing or burning onto DVD?

>While on it: Delete rules are too complex to predict them safely. What
>about a marker flag in the recordings menu saying 'this recording is
>ready to be deleted'?

Install "undelete" and press simply "delete" would do that, or?

Too it would be usefull to change the priority/holftime
of already recordings afterwards.

Rainer

Home | Main Index | Thread Index