[vdr] Re: Patch to avoid deletion of recordings, which have beenviewed

Stephan Loescher wrote:
Here is a little patch for vdr-1.2.x and vdr-1.3.x, which removes the
"bug", that vdr deletes recordings, which have been viewed
i.e. recordings, which are not new.
Actually, I would prefer that VDR never deletes unseen recordings, thats exactly the opposite of yours. ;)

Its difficult to find a common delete rule for all users. I personally dont like that VDR only deletes un-cut recordings, because I cut almost all recordings. This could only be solved by introducing very complex customizable rules.

While on it: Delete rules are too complex to predict them safely. What about a marker flag in the recordings menu saying 'this recording is ready to be deleted'?

Cheers,

Udo

Home | Main Index | Thread Index