[vdr] vdr-softdevice-0.0.8pre1 mga tv-out Was: (Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-softdevice-0.0.8pre1)

Zitat von jpahka .. :

> Stefan Lucke <stefan <at> lucke.in-berlin.de> writes:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm pleased to announce a new prerelease of vdr softdevice plugin.
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > Changelog since last release:
> >   2004-12-21: softdevice-0.0.8pre1
> >    - directFB:
> >       - some basic support for mga tv-out with directFB- this is
> selectable
> >         via option -vo dfb:mgatv .
> >       - VIA Unichrome handling added. works with recent cvs version of DFB
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > Stefan Lucke
> >

> Hi Stefan,
>
> I'm really glad to see that work on mga tv-out has started, I've been waiting
> use vdr + mga tv-out + directfb for a few years now, and this should enable
> it,
> so thanks!!
>
> I tried the plugin but got an error on video layer selection, which version
> of
> DirectFB should I be using? Currenly, I have CVS from around two months ago.
> This is the output when I try to run vdr with 'softdevice -vo dfb:mgatv'

The directfb version you are using should be ok.

I think you have to use the directfb configuration Lucian posted here:

In your vdr setup.conf file you'll have softdevice.PixelFormat = 2 by hand
if you have no other acces method. Usually this is done via OSD but if there
is no other access method ...

For the correct setup for directfb and kernel modules you have to check Ville's
documentation too:
http://www.sci.fi/~syrjala/directfb/matrox-tv-out-howto

I can post my own test configuration when I'm back home in one week.

Stefan Lucke

Home | Main Index | Thread Index