[vdr] Re: How to name the audio tracks?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Klaus Schmidinger" <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 12:55 PM
Subject: [vdr] How to name the audio tracks?

> The upcoming version 1.3.18 of VDR will have a new remote control
> button named "Audio", which brings up a menu that lists all the available
> audio tracks, like
>
>   Audio
>
>   Analog (deu)
>   Analog (eng)
>   Dolby (deu)
>
> which would be what a channel with two "normal" audio tracks (German
> and English) and one Dolby Digital track might show.

I don't know too much about the information transmitted in the SI-data. I only see that my "old" d-box-II can display information like

Stereo - deutsch
Stereo - englisch
DolbyDigital - deutsch

and in some cases (i.e. on ARD):

stereo
mono/hörfilm

And i can not imagine, that this information is hardcoded in the box.

On the other side there are channels which are transmitted in 2 languages (arte) and the audio "drop-down" menu is there but without information. Apparently we have the situation, that not all channels are transmitted fully standard-conform!?

So i would suggest:

1) audio-track description transmitted: use it in vdr
2) audio-track description not transmitted: for "analog"-sound tracks show only the language-description (in "long-form": Deutsch / Französisch). for DolbyDigital: DD + language-description

Kind regards

Martin

Home | Main Index | Thread Index