[vdr] Re: How to name the audio tracks?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Binder (AON)" <martin_binder@aon.at>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2004 1:29 PM
Subject: [vdr] Re: How to name the audio tracks?

I found this in

ETSI TS 101 154 V1.5.1 (2004-05) [Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB); Implementation guidelines for the use of Video and Audio Coding in Broadcasting Applications based on the MPEG-2 Transport Stream]
C.4.2 Use of the DVB-SI component_descriptor and multilingual_component_descriptor

Semantics: The semantics of the component_descriptor and multilingual_component_descriptor are defined in EN 300 468 [7]. The stream_content and component_type assigned values for DVB AC-3 audio streams are listed in EN 300 468 [7].

Encoding: The values for the elements of the component_descriptor and multilingual_component_descriptor shall be set in accordance with EN 300 468 [7].

Decoding: These fields shall be read by the IRD, and the IRD shall interpret these fields to indicate the type of audio service present.

EN 300 468 [Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB); Specification for Service Information (SI) in DVB systems]

6.2.21 Multilingual component descriptor

The multilingual component descriptor (see table 63) provides a text description of a component in one or more languages. The component is identified by its component tag value.

Table 63: Multilingual component descriptor

Syntax                                                                                                     Number of bits I            dentifier

multilingual_component_descriptor(){

descriptor_tag                         8                             uimsbf

descriptor_length                      8                             uimsbf

component_tag                                                                             8                             uimsbf

for (i=0;i<N;i++) {

ISO_639_language_code                 24                                 bslbf

text_description_length                                             8                                 uimsbf

for (j=0;j<N;j++){

text_char                                                                                         8                                uimsbf

}

}

}

Semantics for the multilingual component descriptor:

component_tag: This 8-bit field has the same value as the component_tag field in the stream identifier descriptor (if present in the PSI program map section) for the component stream.

ISO_639_language_code: This 24-bit field identifies the language of the following text description of the component.

The ISO_639_language_code contains a 3-character code as specified by ISO 639-2 [3]. Both ISO 639-2/B and ISO 639-2/T may be used. Each character is coded into 8 bits according to ISO/IEC 8859-1 [5] and inserted in order into the 24-bit field.

EXAMPLE: French has 3-character code "fre", which is coded as:

"0110 0110 0111 0010 0110 0101".

text_description_length: This 8-bit field specifies the length in bytes of the following text description.

text_char: This is an 8-bit field. A string of "text_char" fields specifies a text description of the component stream.

Text information is coded using the character sets and methods described in annex A.

Martin

Home | Main Index | Thread Index