[vdr] Siemens Driver Compile with Mandrake 10.1

Hi!

Maybe this is a stupid question, but I'm a newbie in all this DVB Stuff.

My setup:

- Dell Dimension PC (1.8 Ghz - 256MB) with 3x 200GB HD
- Hauppauge Win TV DVB-S 1.3 with Common Interface
- Main-OS: Mandrake 10.1 Download
- Alternative on 3rd Harddisk: LinVDR 0.7

LinVDR works, and I even watched/recorded ER yesterday evening, but

1) periodically the picture turned either blank, or had a lot of block artefacts.
This was even reproduceable in the recording. Watching with a Hirschmann-Receiver never made such problems.

2) Compiling the DVB driver with mandrake seems to be a problem.
Mandrake 10 uses Kernel 2.6.
I have the kernel sources in /usr/src/linux and even did a quick "make dep modules".
I unpacked siemens_dvb-0.9.4-2002-06-23.tgz to /dvb/DVB
when doing "cd driver; make" I always get a notice on the missing

/usr/src/linux/Rules.make

Uncommenting that file in the Makefile gives me a ton of errors.

So my questions are

- Why do I have such a "jumpy" picture in LinVDR
- How do I compile the drivers in Mandrake

Cheers
Leonard

Home | Main Index | Thread Index