[vdr] Re: possible to setup linvdr without a ff card

Am Mittwoch, 29. Dezember 2004 17:18 schrieb rupert:
> Hi,

Hi Rupert,

> after 3 days of debian hell,

Hell? I've running debian (sarge) and feel fine ;-)

> is there a way to setup linvdr without a fullfeatured card by running
> the softdevice from the first start?

I don't know about linvdr, i just use my normal debian system for vdr.
I compiled vdr 1.3.16 and vdr-xine (0.6.1) as output device.
Now i've got two budget cards and it works.
One negativ remains:
when the broadcast contains several audio streams xine is too slow on my
machine (duron 700), video transforms to a slideshow and audio gets lost.
In that case I wait til I've converted the recording or i use mplayer, which
plays smoothly the *.vdr files.

So i assume it is also possible with linvdr.

cheers,

Ulf