[vdr] Re: possible to setup linvdr without a ff card

Am Mittwoch, den 29.12.2004, 18:49 +0100 schrieb Ulf Elsner:
> Am Mittwoch, 29. Dezember 2004 17:18 schrieb rupert:
> > Hi,
>
> Hi Rupert,
>
> > after 3 days of debian hell,
>
> Hell? I've running debian (sarge) and feel fine ;-)

maybe im doing some things wrong,
i installed the vdr binary over apt(e-tobi)
than i installed the sources with apt and compiled the softdevice
plugin.
I have a Matrox G450, the tv out looks horrible(but works somehow), but
when i found a 5pair multicore cable i will make a RGB one.
Hard to get get the right howtos for my situation.

> > is there a way to setup linvdr without a fullfeatured card by running
> > the softdevice from the first start?
>
> I don't know about linvdr, i just use my normal debian system for vdr.
> I compiled vdr 1.3.16 and vdr-xine (0.6.1) as output device.
> Now i've got two budget cards and it works.
> One negativ remains:
> when the broadcast contains several audio streams xine is too slow on my
> machine (duron 700), video transforms to a slideshow and audio gets lost.
> In that case I wait til I've converted the recording or i use mplayer, which
> plays smoothly the *.vdr files.
>
> So i assume it is also possible with linvdr.
>
> cheers,
>
> Ulf

Home | Main Index | Thread Index