[vdr] vdr, vdradmin 0.96: security bugs?

I've just come across a Debian bug report which describes insecure use of
temporary files in vdradmin 0.96 - see <URL:http://bugs.debian.org/287601>
(patch available). It looks like a root-only problem, so those of you who are
using my packages (or are otherwise running vdr as non-root) shouldn't be
affected.

There's also comment on a lack of checks in vdr to defend against things such
as symlink attacks, although these are presumably referring to 1.2.6. I've
not looked for myself.

--
| Darren Salt | nr. Ashington, | d youmustbejoking,demon,co,uk
| Debian,     | Northumberland | s zap,tartarus,org
| RISC OS     | Toon Army      | @
|   We've got Shearer, you haven't

If it isn't broken, break it then charge for repair.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index