[vdr] Re: How to name the audio tracks?

Sergei Haller wrote:
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Klaus Schmidinger (KS) wrote:

KS> From what I've seen so far in this discussion I guess that too many
KS> automatisms and too much techno babble is not the way to go. The
KS> average user will most likely understand and appreciate that he/she
KS> can define one set of preferred languages (with decreasing priority),
KS> but will probably wonder why the language setting would have to be
KS> done three times... Therefore there will be _one_ preferred language
KS> setting, and that will be used for the EPG, the audio and the subtitles.

meybe something like

Preferred languages
General: ...
EPG: ...
Audio: ...
Subtitles: ...

where the latter three can have (and do have per default) the setting "same as general".

This might be a good way. I'd put these EPG, Audio, Subtitles languages behind some "Languages - advanced" menu under the general setting.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index