[vdr] Re: How to name the audio tracks?

> Sergei Haller wrote:
> > On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Klaus Schmidinger (KS) wrote:
> >
> > KS> From what I've seen so far in this discussion I guess
> that too many
> > KS> automatisms and too much techno babble is not the way to go. The
> > KS> average user will most likely understand and appreciate
> that he/she
> > KS> can define one set of preferred languages (with
> decreasing priority),
> > KS> but will probably wonder why the language setting would
> have to be
> > KS> done three times... Therefore there will be _one_
> preferred language
> > KS> setting, and that will be used for the EPG, the audio
> and the subtitles.
> >
> > meybe something like
> >
> >   Preferred languages
> >      General:   ...
> >      EPG:       ...
> >      Audio:     ...
> >      Subtitles: ...
> >
> > where the latter three can have (and do have per default)
> the setting
> > "same as general".
> >

> This might be a good way. I'd put these EPG, Audio, Subtitles
> languages
> behind some "Languages - advanced" menu under the general setting.

Klaus,
I agree with Sergei. Could you please consider his proposal,
it seems to be the the most flexible.

>Recordings will only record the languages that are part of the set
>of preferred languages (or the first one, if none fits).

Like as today, I would prefer that vdr is recording *all the audio tracks*.
Even if french is my favorite langage, sometimes I choose to view
a movie with it's original version (could be english, or italian or deutsh
etc..)
If you limit the audio track, it becames a limitation :-(
Except if I miss something ;-)

Cheers.
Karim.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index