[vdr] Re: How to name the audio tracks?

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Klaus Schmidinger (KS) wrote:

KS> From what I've seen so far in this discussion I guess that too many
KS> automatisms and too much techno babble is not the way to go. The
KS> average user will most likely understand and appreciate that he/she
KS> can define one set of preferred languages (with decreasing priority),
KS> but will probably wonder why the language setting would have to be
KS> done three times... Therefore there will be _one_ preferred language
KS> setting, and that will be used for the EPG, the audio and the subtitles.

meybe something like

  Preferred languages
     General:   ...
     EPG:       ...
     Audio:     ...
     Subtitles: ...

where the latter three can have (and do have per default) the setting
"same as general".

KS> Recordings will only record the languages that are part of the set
KS> of preferred languages (or the first one, if none fits).

I hope this will be changeable (on a per-timer basis or in general)

c ya
        Sergei
--
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de               /\\