[vdr] Re: please please please incorporate this into vdr and vdrdevel and xine

On Thursday 30 December 2004 13:04, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> from here: http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/
>
> please please please incorporate these patches and plugins -
> they makes it possible for budget cards to work.
>
> the xine maintainer has just recently ACCEPTED the patches to
> make it possible for xine to support "vdr://".
>
> extract from vdr-plugin-xine-0.6.1/INSTALL which can be obtained
> from the sources.list lines below, as listed here:
[...]

Sorry to interrupt you, but the xine plugin is simply a plugin from
the VDR's point of view. I don't think that VDR should ship with
it, as it requires an installed xine to compile, and installing the
plugin afterwards is easy, as soon as every xine has the VDR
patches.

Or did I miss something here?

Kind regards,
Stefan